~ HELICHRYSUM ~
Helichrysum oil is steam distilled from tiny little flowers sometimes called “Immortelle”, or the “Everlasting Flower”. Helichrysum is a self-seeding plant in the sunflower family. It grows native in rocky and sandy terrains throughout the Mediterranean. The word “helichrysum” comes from Latin and Greek roots, meaning “gold spiral.” Its beautiful, tiny golden blossoms definitely deserve the name. Helichrysum is typically harvested wild from the rocky shores of Croatia’s Dalmatia region, but Young Living’s helichrysum is cultivated at our farm in Split, Croatia. By cultivating this rare plant, Young Living is helping to protect it from exploitation and over harvesting. In using YL’s Helichrysum essential oil, you’re helping support sustainable agriculture. Doesn’t that feel good? A little bit earthy, a little bit herby, its invigorating aroma can chase away the sluggish energy in a room. And that’s just the start of the dozens of ways this essential oil is a multitasking all-star.
According to the essential oil desk reference: The medical properties include, anticoagulant, anesthetic, antispasmodic, antiviral, liver protectant/detoxifier/stimulant, chelates chemicals and toxins, and regenerates nerves. It’s uses include: herpes virus, arteriosclerosis, atherosclerosis, hypertension, blood clots, liver disorders, circulatory disorders, skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis scar tissue, varicose veins).
1. Apply 2-4 drops on location, temple, forehead, back of neck or outside of ear.
2. Apply on chakras and/or vitaflex points.
3. Inhale directly
5. Take as a dietary supplement
Helichrysum can also be found in: Aroma Life, Awaken, Brain Power, CardiaCare, ClaraDerm, Forgiveness, GLF, Juva Cleanse, Juva Flex, M-Grain, PanAway, Trauma Life and Deep Relief.
A few other uses from the YL blog:
– Add a few drops of Helichrysum and Peppermint to V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and knead into muscles wherever you need it.
– Hit a slump? Throw some Helichrysum and Eucalyptus Radiata into your diffuser. The fresh, earthy, invigorating scent will perk your space right up and help you refocus on that mile-long to-do list. It probably wouldn’t hurt during homework time either.
– Skin dull and dry from time out in the sun? Help revive it with a soothing, aromatic combination of Helichrysum, Lavender, and coconut oil. Gently massage the mixture onto your skin, then kick back with a honey-lavender lemonade for a total inside-out reprieve from the heat.